Originating as a department within a small lumberyard chain in New Plymouth, Idaho, Overhead Door, Inc. began serving part of Southwestern Idaho in 1953. The business service area expanded into the Boise area and incorporated in 1962. A true family business, growth continued with the addition of Lewiston in 1978, and Twin Falls and Sun Valley in 1983. Growth continued in the 90’s with the addition of the Spokane and Northern Idaho markets.
Currently we have nine branch offices located in Hailey, Boise, Lewiston, Mountain Home, New Plymouth, Nampa, Post Falls, Twin Falls, and Spokane, Washington. Our philosophy is that service and repair work is the highest priority and having multiple locations and a sizable fleet of service vehicles allows us to cover this large geographical area with the best response time in the business.
Being distributors of the Overhead Door Brand allows us access to the highest quality in garage doors and openers, both commercial and residential lines. This, when combined with over 50 years of experience and skilled technicians to install these products gives us a real edge over our competition.
Currently, Overhead Door, Inc. is the largest independent garage door dealer in the Pacific Northwest. We are licensed contractors in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington and have a long history of standing behind our products after the sale. Service and repair on all brands; “We sell the best and fix the rest.”
Overhead Door Corporation strives to attract and retain talented people who can assist us in attaining our vision to be number one in all our markets in the US and, as a key participant in the Sanwa Strategy, develop a presence globally as well. Overhead Door was founded on an idea. Innovation and Practicality are our heritage. Over time, hard work has sustained us. We need to continue to build on this foundation through discipline and drive to execute on our plans and initiatives.
“To expand our vision and become bigger and better than anyone in our industry.“
“To become more innovative in everything we do and apply today’s technologies to operating our business.”
To achieve these objectives, we need to be accountable for our actions and hold one another accountable for our commitments. We need to create a passion to be successful.
This organization’s success is created through our employees. Our success depends on all of us. Working together as a team and striving to be everything we can be.
Mission Statement: Overhead Door Corporation and the Sanwa Group are committed to offering products and services that provide safety, security and convenience to further contribute to the prosperity of society.
Value Statement: To deliver products and services to satisfy all customers, to become a true global player and be highly valued by each industry related market in the world and to bring together the creativity of each individual in a team environment for the enhancement of corporate value.
- Customers: It is our business to provide for the needs of our customers and to strive for 100% satisfaction, in our attitude and in spirit.
- People: Recognize people as the core of our strength. Encourage initiative and provide opportunities for personal growth throughout the entire organization. Emphasize balance and quality of life for all employees.
- Integrity: Always do what is right, with no exceptions and conduct ourselves as professionals.
- Excellence: Focus on continuous improvement – never be satisfied and always strive for challenging goals.
- Education: Encourage, support and provide a learning environment.
- Communication: Create an atmosphere of open, consistent, two-way communication.
- Teamwork: Together we will achieve our common goals, while providing an atmosphere of respect for one another.
- Execution: Carry out and fully put into effect our plans and commitments.
- Safety: Promote safety in everything that we do for ourselves, our partners and for our customers.
- Quality: Never settle for anything less than the highest quality in anything we do.