Overhead Door Job Listing
October 11, 2016
NationServe/Wayne Dalton, a division of The Overhead Door Corporation has an opening for a Field Operations Manager in our Raleigh Sales Center.
Our employees enjoy a great work environment with competitive pay and excellent benefits. If this career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you please send your resume in response to this post. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Field Operations Manager is responsible to lead and manage all field operations including coordination, dispatching, service and installation and invoicing. This individual will be involved in the selection, development, leadership, motivation, coaching, and management of his/her direct and indirect reports.
- Responsible to lead, develop and manage the Field Operations resources
- Identify, monitor and manage customer service standards, including timeliness and professionalism
- Recommend and implement necessary action to improve revenue generation and profitability within the department
- Ensure effective dispatching of technicians, timely completion of work orders and accuracy and timeliness of billing process
- Drive direct labor utilization, margin and customer satisfaction metrics within the department
- Proactively support the NationServe safety program and initiatives, comply with all safety policies and procedures (including customer site specific programs), and ensure utilization of safe work practices on site, in the warehouse and office
- Ensure workmanship adheres to NationServe quality standards, and identify and implement improvements to standards as appropriate
- Maintain positive customer relationships, for NationServe, in collaboration with the local Branch Manager and sales team
- Maintain a positive attitude and communication style with customers and employees in all circumstances
Applicants shall meet the following requirements:
- 4+ years of progressive experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a service and/or operations management capacity, preferably in a construction environment
- Post secondary education in business management, commerce, or related field is preferred, and a history of continuing education/professional development activities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good process development/implementation, organization and decision making ability
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel